The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lord of The Rings

Go down 
+8
vindicator
General_LeGraSherman
coby
Adrocles
General Stuart
Iron Brigade General
Civility_C
The Opposition
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

Lord of The Rings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 am

Except Bombodil. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:29 am

yep, the ring has no effect on him.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 am

IBG, you made a good point, that not even Aragorn was perfect. Remember, Isildur was about as close to perfect as you could get, being a full-blooded Numernorian and son of the King; and even he was corrupted by the ring. The ring was nothing but evil, and could do nothing but evil. This is why I don't think it would have helped Bombadil any. And also, Bombadil's power basically extended only to nature, and even then only on his own lands.
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:49 am

thats true Bombadil nevr wanted to use the ring in the first place so it dosn't matter.study
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 9:15 pm

Aragorn had enough resolution to wield the ring. In the books it's made clear that he could have used it against Sauron, though it's not certain as to whether he would have prevailed against Sauron himself. He simply chose not to, for he felt the risk was to great. And there is much of Esieldor that many people dont know. If you read about him in the other books made by tolkien, he was not the closest thing to perfect.

And Tom couldent have wielded the ring, he was not accustomed to that kind of power as Stuart pointed out.

afro
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 7:58 am

Nobody culd truly weild the ring except for Sauron himself.study
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 am

"Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.-Ring script. It does not entirely mean rings. It also means One ring rule all beings, bring all races and in the darkness bind them.

"The ring is altogether evil."-Gandalf. He wouldn't take it, even though he was more powerfuller then Aragorn.

"You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."-Aragorn. He couldn't wield it. He says it himself.

"The Ring is mine!"-Frodo, after he is curropted. Even he that was sent, who was the most resiliant to the Rings evil, fell to it.

"Yes, precious. Once it takes hold of us it never lets go."-Gullom. He says this after 69 years of not owning it. He couldn't let it go.

Is this not proof enough that Aragorn could not wield the ring? No one except Sauron could.
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 8:09 am

thats what I just said., but thanks for the proof.study
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 8:10 am

I expounded upon it. And, I've read the books 8 times, so, I know what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 9:11 am

I've only read them two or three times.study
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 11:32 pm

I've read the books too and I know that THAT PARTICULAR LINE THERE is from the movie and the movie only IBG.

Very Happy

afro
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 1:57 pm

I have read all the books, but haven't even seen all of the movies. not even the first one Razz
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2007 10:19 pm

In the book, Aragorn does not say that line, that no one can wield the ring. But Elrond does, and he speaks in absolutes, so from the information given, it is clear that even Aragorn could not have wielded the ring.
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 10:48 am

We watched Part 1 of the extended version of The Fellowship last night. Hope to finish the rest soon.....
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Fantastic movie... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 5:37 pm

yeah it is.... Very Happy
Watched Part 2 this afternoon... The ending would be REALLY depressing and sad if you didn't know the storyline. (actually it still is sort of sad and depressing) Wink
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 15, 2007 1:35 pm

The extended edition is alot better then the theatrical version in my opinion.

But, don't get me started on the twisted plot line with the Witch-King and trolls that can stand the sun! Pure nonsense.

But, who likes Christopher Lee's Saruman? That's pure tolkien in my opinion. That guy has read those books once every year since they came out.

And, the Orthanc scene in ROTK! POWERFUL ACTING! I was awed by the acting and power placed by the characters in that scene.
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 3:56 pm

We watched the extended edition... It took like 3-4 hours...
I haven't seen TTT or ROTK for a while so I don't remember much of the movies...
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 1:43 am

Traveller wrote:
yeah it is.... Very Happy
Watched Part 2 this afternoon... The ending would be REALLY depressing and sad if you didn't know the storyline. (actually it still is sort of sad and depressing) Wink

SORT of sad and depressing??? Very Happy COME ON, Boromir's AWESOME!!! His fight/death scene makes the movie.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:26 am

Yeah it was. I wish it was closer to the book, where he gets riddled by many arrows, but he still made swing count. I think the LOTR cartoon should have combined with the live action movie at that point.

Comparisons:

LOTR: Boromir gets hit by 7 arrows. Kills 10 of his enemies. He pulls three of the arrows out.

FOTR: Boromir gets hit by 3 arrows. Kills maybe 20 or so enemies.

How it would have been better for both: Boromir gets hit by seven arrows. Kills 20+ enemies. Pulls 3 arrows out.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:37 am

Yeah, but that might have been just too much, you know? That would be the point where skeptics just dismiss the whole movie, because it would be just way too fantastic. And does it really say that he got hit by seven arrows in the books? Or was that just the cartoon? I've never seen the animated version, do you know if it's on Youtube?
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:48 am

I don't know if its on Youtube. But, you can get the dvd for as little as 5 bucks if you go on ebay.

But, the book says he was riddled by many arrows. In what country is 3 many? And, this is a fantasy story. I mean, Harry Potter has all the bones sucked out of his arm by a spell, and they said nothing about the movie.
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 2:05 pm

I meant, by "Sad and depressing" is that Merry and Pippin are captured by orcs, Sam and Frodo leave by themselves, Borimor dies, etc... I think the Borimor fight scene was great too, though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Boromir's fight had some magic behind it.
Back to top Go down
thegreatblue
Artillary
Artillary

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:35 pm

Yes, it did. I don't know how, but it had magic behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of The Rings   Lord of The Rings - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of The Rings
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The American Civil War Rocks! :: Brandy Station :: Movies-
Jump to: