The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The unforgiveable sin?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

The unforgiveable sin? Empty
PostSubject: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 4:10 pm

I've been meaning to talk about this but never got around too it.

I'm sure..everyone knows that once you've been cleansed by the blood of Christ, you cant lose your salvation by any conventional means. According to the Bible, there is only one "sin" that can undo that. And its not even a sin itself..persay. I'll explain.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Luke12:9... but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God...

"...And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven...."
I believe this means that if you sin and ask forgiveness, for anything, you are immieditaly under the blood. This covers all sin and gives the appearance that you cannot lose your salvation no matter what you've done, as long as you repent. Repent. There's the key.

"...but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven..."

To blaspheme the holy spirit is a continuious rejection of him after you've been saved(you no longer repent), until you die(so I understand). Completely walking the other way and abandoning the truth you know for whatever reason. This, I believe, is the only way to lose your salvation according to the bible. More understanding of the therm "blspheming of the Holy Spirit" may be in order.

Come onnn you guys know you wanna comment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 pm

I guess nobody does...lol
Back to top Go down
PCCalhoun
Drummer Boy
Drummer Boy
PCCalhoun

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 11:07 am

I once was a fervent believer, and now I am denying the existence of god (and his helpers). Am I thus committing the unforgivable sin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelievanpeter.nl
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Denying exsistance is not unforgiveable. It is merely denial. To deny the very exsitance of
God, one must welcome other ideas, such as evolution, alien interventiom, and the like. Or, ofcourse, you can simply deny those as well and have no oppinion whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 2:53 pm

The only way to do it unforgivably is if yiou have seen God and deny his exsistance.

It is not unforgivable to believe in aliens.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 11:33 pm

By seen God you mean having had him reveal himself to you in some way?
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 2:02 am

Yeah. Like, if he came down to you and told you to go do something, and you totally deny you saw him, you would be in VERY hot water.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Well, I would think so, I'd be a little mad if I was God. which is a good thing I'm not, because alot of people wouldent be alive today. Lol

The thing is, some believe that the verse where it talks about not being forgiven, is in a figurative sence. Meaning instead of not being completely rejected, you're simply not as close as you could be. There is some reason to believe this, considering how many times it says the blood cleanses you from all sin. I tend to take it more literally though...

edit: One of the reasons i think this is I dont think God likes moochers.
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:40 am

Iron Brigade General wrote:
Yeah. Like, if he came down to you and told you to go do something, and you totally deny you saw him, you would be in VERY hot water.

Well... considering that God hasn't revealed himself to anyone and has not sent any Angels or anything since John, I don't think that holds much ground.

An unforgivable sin... hmm. I believe God can forgive anything, but I don't believe he will unless he has brought you to himself. In which case you would have Salvation and you would be forgiven anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Civility_C wrote:
Iron Brigade General wrote:

Well... considering that God hasn't revealed himself to anyone and has not sent any Angels or anything since John, I don't think that holds much ground.

An unforgivable sin... hmm. I believe God can forgive anything, but I don't believe he will unless he has brought you to himself. In which case you would have Salvation and you would be forgiven anyway.

Yeah, and besides its not exactly what I was talking about IBG.

Ok,*creepy music plays*

Assuming the verse is talking about unbelievers or believers? Because ofcourse he can forgive anything, i'm not in 'opposition' to that. Lol. Im questioning whether or not the verse should be takin literally, or figurtively.

[Matt 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28-30] Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him. (New American Standard Version)

k. This verse mentions he, refering to either he/she as a common individual, yes?
If you think different, say so.
And its talking about the same person; theres no differiation between people stated. If you think different, say so.

Blasphemy is very serious. Anytime someone did it in the old testament, they were swiftly put to death. And its not taken to lightly in the new either...considering it says you're guilty of eteral sin if you do it.

Mark 3:28-29 "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"
Matt 24:10"At that time many will [Matt 11:6] fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. " Talking about believers and nonbelievers alike. This means it is possible for you to lose your salvation. Unless they are falling away from something else...which doesnt make any sense.

Notice it says,'but'. This indicates an exception. An exception, to forgiveness of all sins. If you want to debate that, be my guest. But nobody can shirk Christ's words like they can shirk an opinion. And its stated plain as day. Ofcourse, now we go to what blaphemy he is actually talking about.

Ephesians 4:30[Is 63:10; 1 Thess 5:19] Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were [John 3:33; Eph 1:13] sealed for the day of redemption.

If you grive the holy spirit continually, it will leave you. And if tis what has sealed you for redemtion...doesnt that have to mean that redemtion is gone?

Isaih 63:10
"But they [Ps 78:40; 106:33; Acts 7:51; Eph 4:30] rebelledAnd grieved His [Ps 51:11; Is 63:11] Holy Spirit;Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy,He fought against them."
Ouch. They grieved the holy spirit and God became their enemy! But ocourse, he forgave them. That is because they did not remain in their ways. The Israelites are famous for flip-flopping from God to pagan worship. the only reason that God forgave them, is because they did not remain in sin. Its the same today for anyone, repent and you'll be saved. Reject God, and you will not. But accept God, and then keep rejecting him until you're death? Unforgiveable. Whats implied by these verses is if you keep rejecting God, even after you've already been given salvation, you'll lose it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The unforgiveable sin?   The unforgiveable sin? Empty

Back to top Go down

The unforgiveable sin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The American Civil War Rocks! :: Brandy Station :: I'm better then you are!-
Jump to: