The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richthofen and Brown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2006-10-13

Richthofen and Brown Empty
PostSubject: Richthofen and Brown   Richthofen and Brown EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 am

Remember that old story?

When Manfred von Richthofen (better known as The Red Baron) was shot down for the count?

They actually made an entire movie out of it, yet even today it still is a controversy, Roy Brown was a Canadian Fighter Pilot during WW1 (Yes I did say World War One, the same war that started in 1914 and finished in 1918) that is said took out the Red Baron, the famous German Top Ace that got 80 kills (was supposed to be the entire world top ace at that time), but when that happened, they were over Australian infantry, and the Australian soldiers also claimed shot the Red Baron down but officially, the Red Baron was credited to have been shot by Roy Brown.

A very interesting movie when you look at it, when I checked a history book, I got some pics of Roy Brown and from the Australian Soldiers taking the Red Baron to his grave, at that time, fighter pilots still had some code of honor.

Even today, historians are still arguing about if Roy Brown was the guy that shot down the Red Baron or the Australian Infantry got that kill.
Back to top Go down

Richthofen and Brown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The American Civil War Rocks! :: Brandy Station :: Movies-
Jump to: