The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas 400rd Execution in History

Go down 
3 posters

What do you think of death penalty?
They got what they deserve.
Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_lcap67%Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Its really barbaric and to go celebrate that makes its all the worse
Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_lcap0%Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What if someone that gets the death penalty was innocent all along then gets executed? What are to tell to their famillies?
Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_lcap33%Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
I dont care
Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_lcap0%Texas 400rd Execution in History Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
You know what they say about traditions, so death penalty is a tradition in Texas
 0% [ 0 ]
Ive only got mixed feelings about it, sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree.
 0% [ 0 ]
We should go back to death penalty, I prisons are more like a joke these days.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2006-10-13

Texas 400rd Execution in History Empty
PostSubject: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 7:59 am

So, Texas is celebrating its 400rd Execution in its History, just weird to see this about death penalty and its controversy.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 11:29 am

That is barbaric! Celebrating over an execution. How disgusting.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Yeah, I know, but werent we celebrating when Saddam was executed ??
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 4:07 pm

I don't think it's a thing to celebrate over, but I definitely endorse the death penalty.

Barbaric? As if it were more barbaric than the crimes that got them that sentence in the fist place? Criminals who have been convicted of such heinous crimes should be denied the right to complain that the method of execution is "cruel and unusual"... Death by lethal injection? I mean, how much more tame can you get? Let the punishment fit the crime; these guys are skating on the peoples' mercy, and they still argue their sentence, even after acknowledging their guilt.
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:59 pm

I guess so, there are some bastards that got away clean even with the death penalty, a little list of those.

Hermann Goering (Commander in chief of the Luftwaffe during WW2 and number two behind Adolf Hitler himself, co-fonder of the Waffen SS and the Gestapo, responsible of countless atrocities during the war, including bombing campaigns on Civilian Targets and Crimes against Humanity, was sentenced to death in Nuremberg, got away clean by commiting suicide with poison)

Josef Stalin (Head of the Soviet Union and Commander in chief of the Red Army, co-fonder of the Pravda Newspaper, responsible of the Katyn Massacre in Poland, not even the Russian Siberian Gulags in Siberia could get him to stop his ways, got multiple of his own commanders executed for just doing their jobs, got Leo Trotsky executed in Mexico, head of a cruel dictatorship probably even worst than the Nazis themselves, overlooked the multiple series of rapes caused by the head of his secret police (NKVD later known as KGB) Lavrenti Beria, refused his own son s freedom after he was captured as a Soviet Soldier by the Waffen SS, Blackmailed Finland and Eastern Europe, sponsored multiple coup d etats, spying activities and political assassination, and the list of what he did goes on...Got away clean when he died of a heart attack in 1953 still head of the Soviet Union later disowned by his own Communist Party and replaced by Nikita Krushchev)

Adolf Hitler (No introduction needed, possibly one of the worst dictators in history in Germany responsible for WW2 and the Hollocaust, got away clean by commiting suicide in his bunker while the Soviet troops were storming Berlin, the British and American troops in the meantime had stormed western Germany)

Heinrich Himmler (Co-Fonder of the Waffen SS and Gestapo, mostly head of the Concentration Camps, head of the Waffen SS and Gestapo, got away clean by commiting suicide after beeing captured by American troops)

These are only a few of what I could find for some of the worst bastards in history that were never punished in the end, when they commited suicide but were never judged properly its as good as if they got away clean with their crimes.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:54 pm

Amen brother.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 am

Should have got thier upcoming. And, if the guy is a right-down b-----d, I will celebrate. If they killed hundred and thousands of people, I will cheer. But, if they killed only one or two people, I'm not going to cheer.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas 400rd Execution in History   Texas 400rd Execution in History Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas 400rd Execution in History
Page 1 of 1