The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2006-10-13

The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly Empty
PostSubject: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Ok this story happened during the Russian Revolution and you might have already heard about it.

As all of Russia was in full Civil War, it now was clear that the Red Army had almost won the entire War, the Romanov familly was held captive by the Red Army and the Communists were starting to fear that if the Czar and his familly (The Romanov) would be set free, the tide would turn and the troops still loyal to the Czar could regain the initiative and more people would side with the Czar instead of the Communists.

As a result, the Communists decided the entire Romanov familly to be secretly executed.

And so the order was carried out and they were executed, but that didn't ended there. There were still the corpses that needed to dispose of.

So, they were all dumped into a mass-grave in the Russian countryside beyond all getting shot even though some of them tried to make somekind of bulletproof jackets with their jewels yet that didn't prevented them to die.

However, when some unidentified corpses were found where there had been a secret execution, it was clear that the Romanov familly's remains had been found, which the Autopsy confirmed later on.

During the 1930s in Germany, a strange woman claimed she was Princess Anastasia, the last survivor of the Czar's familly yet it was unclear if she was who she claimed to be, or some lunatic however the way she described how life was supposed to be like in the Czar's court was so stunning that it was possible she was from the Romanov familly, but, the mystery in this was "How did she survived that long? and especially how did she escaped Russia?"
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 2:04 pm

You know, I've never read much about the Russian CW. Sounds interesting....

But then again, if I start reading about it, I'll want to start reenacting it. I'd have to get another job just to support my habit!!!!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:45 pm

Oh but it is, it really is.

It was more than a Civil War, not only did it meant the birth of the Soviet Union, many things (good and bad) that might not have happened did happened all over the world during the 20th century.

Actually the Russian civil war could be known as a key part of Communism History.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 2:50 pm

That's right, I remember hearing about the woman who claimed she was Anastasia; have any DNA tests been done to test the statement?
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 12:36 am

Not that I know of.

In fact I don't even think anyone took her seriously, and even if it was clear that she really was who she claimed to be, Stalin would have tried to have her assasinated.

Remember Stalin was the complete ruler of the Soviet Union from 1929 to 1953.

Even one of his old associates Leon Trotsky after making his way to Mexico really was assasinated by one of Stalin's agents, just a little before WW2 I think, or before the Soviet Union got involved against Hitler.

Only one man ever managed to put Stalin in his place, and it was General Tito from Yugoslavia.
Back to top Go down
debski
Aministrator's Mommy
Aministrator's Mommy

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 11:22 am

A few years ago they did tests on the bones of the family and found that Anastasia's body was there as well.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Stalin was an evil @$$! During WWII, President Rosevelt tried way too hard to get friendly with Stalin for some reason, probably because Churchill hated the guy. Androcles sounds like a big Soviet Russia/Cold War historian.... In your opinion would it have been plausible if not wise to turn around and take out the USSR? Churchill would have had England 100% behind us, and God knows the rest of Europe hated Russia. It would have, if successful, prevented the Korea and Vietnam conflicts, the North Korean nuclear situation of today, and fixed most of the geo-political problems we now have that stem from the soviet occupations after the war. Please post back.....
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 pm

Not really, the Red Army's tanks were actually the only ones known to be better than the German Panzers during WW2, and the Russians already had taken the bulk of the German Ground Forces and Air Forces but with a heavy price...like 20 millions casualties all over from the Soviet Union.

They even had a ground support Aircraft known as the Sturmovik whose firepower was so impressive, German soldiers were terrified by them.

Besides, WW2 only started because Hitler had invaded Poland, what good would have it been for the British and American Forces at the time to invade somebody's place where they would have faced something even tougher than the Germans and getting outnumbered in the process?

The Soviets clearly had the advantage but first of all the Americans weren't finished against Japan and the British had suffered so many casualties.

As if things weren't enough, the Russians had declared War on Japan as well, taking back some land such as North Korea.

Everyone had suffered that many casualties back then but when Hitler was gone, for many it meant the end of this conflict.

So, an American and British War against the Soviet Union would have not only been pointless, it would have been a political suicide for both President Roosevelt and Winston Churchil. Stalin however could have conquered all of Europe with just a counter-offensive.

As for the Nuclear Bomb, the Manhatan project had cost so much to produce only 3 of those (The one used for Test, Little Boy, and Fat Man).
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 8:03 am

Stalin declared war on Japan after the first A-Bomb was dropped.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 12:44 pm

And Stalin had a spy in the highest ranks of the Manhatan Project (A-Bomb developpment).

Remember what happened to the USS Indianapolis?

she was transporting the two A-Bombs to Saipan (Classified run) where the Bombers were stationned, after their delivery was completed, USS Indianapolis was sunk by a Japanese Submarine.

You know lucky the Japanese would have been if they had sunk this heavy cruiser while she still had the A-Bombs on board right?
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Well, the war would have carried on FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 pm

I would think that the question could be best answered by someone on the scene and in high command, like Gen. George S. Patton, whose opinion was the one I stated earlier. I merely observed the positive effects this effort, if successful, would have on our modern society. Either I misunderstood Androcles in his earlier post, or he was a little off: the three A-bombs actually used during the war did not constitute our entire stock, and the mission of the Manhatan Project was not fulfilled with the making of these three; it was President Truman, not Roosevelt, who was in office when the war ended, and who would have been in the position to initiate war with the soviet union; it must be understood that once the Nazi party and Hitler were overthrown, Germany became an allie, for it was not the people of Germany who we were fighting, but the government. Otherwise, a good post.

Of course, by 1945, the entire world was desperate for peace, and for the Allied Nations to go and start another global war with the u.s.s.r., would have been unpolitic to put it mildly. But the very scenario is interesting to think about, and besides, think of all the heartache it would haved saved us and the world today.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 9:13 pm

Yeah I just forgot that President Roosevelt had passed away before the War ended, not only that, when it was completely over, a bunch of Soviet Generals including General Zhukov, General Koniev, and General Rokkosovsky had been given British Medals which was in fact.

The order of the Bain (Sorry I don't know the proper translation)

And yeah you get it right Stuart. It would have been a Political Suicide to declare War on the Soviet Union just in 1945. Nobody would have accepted that option.

As for the nukes, the Soviet got their own shortly beyond that, they stole the plans from the Manhatan project.

And you said it yourself, the only ones fighting when the War ended were a bunch of Soldier from all the services (Wermacht, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS) but usually it was from the Volksturm which consisted of Civilians trained to use weapons such as kids, women, and old people.

After Hitler had killed himself, Admiral Doenitz was promoted to the rank of Fuhrer but he really didn't had much to work on...Especially when Soviet Soldiers had already stormed many cities in Eastern Germany and American British troops and Soviet troops already had joined forces in the Elbe River.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 11:04 am

Well, it was in January of 1949 that we discovered proof that the soviet union had just recently successfully tested an atomic bomb, which would have given us a little time. After this, President Truman gave the ok to develop the hydrogen bomb, or "the super".

Anyway, what do you think of Dr. Openheimer (hope I spelled that right). Spy or unfortunate scientist?
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 5:04 pm

Woah, you really know your stuff Stuart, I'm really impressed, I really am...

Never heard of him. I'll have to do some research before I can answer your questions.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly EmptySun Nov 05, 2006 11:38 am

Well, he was the head scientist in charge of the Manhattan Project, and years after the war was tried for passing information to the soviets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly   The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tragic Fate of the Romanov Familly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The American Civil War Rocks! :: The Other Ones :: Russian-
Jump to: