The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It Empty
PostSubject: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:26 am

In 1863, Lee invaded the North and attacked the Union Army at Gettysburg. One of the most famous areas is Little Round Top. During the height of the fighting, chamberlain ordered a bayonet charge that swept away the first rank of attackers, and forced the whole second wave to surrender.

Well, a few years after, when getting interviewd on what happened, one of Oate's men told them what had happened. They were attacking when the order was given to the Union troops to bayonet charge them. Seeing this, they were about to give a volley, when a man on a white horse appeared and charged down the slope with the yanks. To thier horror, it was the man they had seen on many portarits and bills. George Washington himself was coming at them! The men were so horrified that they surrendered without firing a shot out of fear of the vengance that washington might bestow.

The reporter, intrested, asked if anyone else had seen it. The man told him to ask any of Oate's regiment. He went to twenty diffirent people, and every single one said they had seen it. He wrote down every experiance, and every one was exactly the same. One of the men told him that the story had been reported and was in the Library of congress. He went, and sure enough it was there!

What I find so intresting about this story was the fact that the South said that washington would have sided with them. However, nearly 200 men had seen that man coming at them, sword and all. Which means, he was willing to defend the Union he loved so well even in death.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 pm

That s hard to believe, but there a old supersition about the fact that ghosts are actually souls of people that died before they completed a final task while they were still alive, and the ghost cant go to the next world as long as they didnt complete that task even if they died generations before completed that task.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 pm

Wow... That's great stuff, IBG, thanks for posting that.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 9:49 am

And, actually ghosts are two things. People who didn't finish bussiness, and people who died such violent deaths that they became so angry that they couldn't leave this world. And, I have seen ghosts, and I'm one of the sanist people on here (especially since there are only like 10 people that post.)

And, you're welcome Stuart. I liked that Ghost story myself. The really amazing thing is that a whole regiment saw it at the same time. Now, they might have had mass hullicinations, but, these men were from the South, and they weren't likely to get freaked out during the hieght of battle.
Back to top Go down
thegreatblue
Artillary
Artillary

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am

That was too much, big brother, for me to understand.
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Speaking about Ghost Stories, have any of you guys heard about the Banshees legend in Ireland?

From what I heard so far, a Banshee is an Elf girl that died in a treacherous way and she is presumed wandering Ireland during the nights with serious hatred towards those that killed her, she can still be heard screaming, and that is believed to scare people who heard the legend.

About Elves: they are known to be immortal, but that doesnt mean they cannot die, they also are believe to have smaller, faster and more agile bodies than humans, they are known for having a knack of using magic, and are naturals when it comes to use either swords or bow and arrows, but they are also smarter and wiser than humans.

Even when their friends are long dead, an Elf will never forget his friends or his ennemies and even when they are 160 years old, it s only about 14 years old for humans by comparison.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:38 pm

I heard about the Banshee legends. They appear at the house of a dying person and can be heard wailing, preparing them for the netherworld. But, I never heard them to be elves. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:02 pm

So how about telling us about one of the Banshees Legend that you heard about?

About the Elves, most of what I heard came from an AD&D complete set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It   The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It Empty

Back to top Go down

The Father of Our Nation's Defense of It
Page 1 of 1