The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An intresting thing.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

An intresting thing. Empty
PostSubject: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 12:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE>Now, before I post, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Mormonisn. But, there are a few things that are intresting about a certain revelation Joseph Smith had.

By the year of 1832, Joseph Smith and his followers had been pushed clear to Illinois. While there, he recieved a vision on December 25 of that year. It is called the war prophecy by Mormons.

1. It states that in a short time, the United States would break out in Civil War, starting with the rebillion of South Carolina.
This is true.

2. The Southern states would divide themselves from the north in order to fight of the Northern states.
This is true.

3. The southern states would call on foreign powers, including Great Britian, to help them.
This is true.

4. The slaves shall rise against thier masters and would be marshalled and taught in the art of warfare after many days.
This is true.

5. After the misery of many souls, the nation would rejoin.
600,000 is alot.

6. After that war would end, warfare would increase.
Well, there have been alot more large scale conflicts in a shorter amount of time then ever seen.

Call this guesswork if you will, but, that was some mighty fine guess work.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 12:29 pm

I don't mean to sound rude, but it could all be guess work. During that period of history, war between north and south was imminate. It pretty much had been since America came about.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 12:30 pm

That is interesting, and I've never heard of it before. But wasn't South Carolina already very close to rebellion during Jackson's presidency? They even called upon the rest of the Southern states to join them in secession, but Jackson immediately stomped out the movement, and the status quo remained.
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Theres that too. The south had been talking about seccesion for YEARS before the civil war.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 12:59 pm

They were, and I can understand that you guys call it guesswork. They were talking about sessecion, but, what state would go first was not established yet.
Back to top Go down
PCCalhoun
Drummer Boy
Drummer Boy
PCCalhoun

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 11:27 am

Iron Brigade General wrote:
They were, and I can understand that you guys call it guesswork. They were talking about sessecion, but, what state would go first was not established yet.
South Carolina was at the heart of the Nullification Crisis of 1828 and 1832 (I think it was those years), so this is hardly a grande vision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evangelievanpeter.nl
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 1:41 pm

I agree...Besides Joseph Smith was a liar to the end. He contradicted himself more times then anyone can count.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Think what you like. And I'll think what I'll like.
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 6:17 am

"I have more to boast of than ever any man before. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, nor JESUS ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ranaway from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
~Joseph Smith,
The History of the Church
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 pm

you have a sharp mind IBG, use it. You probably know more history about this then I do, so forget about the ideas you've heard from your church. forget about what we say, and use your good ol common sense to weigh the facts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An intresting thing.   An intresting thing. Empty

Back to top Go down

An intresting thing.
Page 1 of 1