The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Central Government.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
DCCCfC aka General Lee

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Central Government. Empty
PostSubject: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyWed Feb 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Is Central Government the way to go? Or Decentralized?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/cgeneralsleea
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyWed Feb 07, 2007 6:18 pm

If by centralized you mean one office, then yes. I think its important to have a chain of command.
Back to top Go down
Adrocles
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
Adrocles

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 9:55 am

Are you talking about politics or just about specific books?

If it's about books, I just never heard of these.

But to answer your question (at least the way I figured out)

Central Government is always the way a dictator runs his buiseness and to centralise a country's power is leaving the government's head (in that case: The President) always having a say on just about everything going on.

Decentralising the Government often results in every states having a different set of rules.

IMHO Centralising the government is dangerous because it concentrates too much political power (And in your case it means the same for the Military) and it keeps the press from reporting what's really happens.
Back to top Go down
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
DCCCfC aka General Lee

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 1:08 pm

I think I agree. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/cgeneralsleea
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 7:01 pm

The Opposition wrote:
If by centralized you mean one office, then yes. I think its important to have a chain of command.

Are you sure about that Oppie?

Good topic Lee. Ok, centeralized government is obviously a huge threat to democratic principles, and decenteralized government is what some people call "one step short of absolute chaos." But believe it or not, there is a definite -though very fine- line distinguishing the 'middle ground' the two share. The United States at its founding is of course a good example of this, though by this time we have strayed enormously from the fore-fathers' vision of the republic. As for the topic question, I'll take decenteralized government any day.

Last edited by on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 9:41 pm

One office as in one office in power as in the United States government. Sheesh, maybe I got the term wrong. tongue
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Come on Oppie, pick up the debate here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm not going to debate you if we agree on something DUH. afro
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Agree? If I'm correct, you said you believed in Centeralized government, because it provided a "chain of command." Whereas I said I'd take De-Centeralized government any day... I can't see how you think we agree on this...
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 pm

wellll then apparently we dont to...a degree. Ofcourse there are disadvantages too both. It really depends on the men(men or women) who have the power...

Centralized in the right hands...can provide and sustain order. It can also allow exploitatation of the order...and thus create a dicatatorship.

DEctralized...well, it eliminates that possibilty of one group of poeple having all the power, yes. But..like you said it can be refered to as absolute choas. If its decentralized into...lets say each state has its own indepedent goverment. You'd get squabbles between the states over what "nationality" really means, and numerous other new issues that would arise...

Government is all about the poeple. Poeple compose it, poeple(most of the time) live by it, people are controlled by it(indirectly) And so I think its reasonable to say that, governmentel variations and their uses vary with the poeple that make them up. For instance, you've got a moralistic president. He would most likely veto a bill that proposed abortion to be a common right and that would make it legal in every state. Whereas, a liberl or 'secular' president may hold abortion as a basic civil right of a woman. thus, the laws, although not entirely, are depedent on the men in power and their personal views. Which is I dont think centralized or decentralized governments have a numerouc amount of advantages or disadvantages over each other....
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 6:24 pm

Power does not equal Justice. Top-heavy government only becomes corrupt, when the power it weilds stands on its own, and isn't held responsible or accountable. It infringes the People's God-given rights, and becomes an extreme, tyrannical power, even if it began as a republic.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:21 am

ok i'm not following you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Government.   Central Government. Empty

Back to top Go down

Central Government.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The American Civil War Rocks! :: The American Civil War :: Causes-
Jump to: