The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SADDAM IS DEAD

Go down 
+8
Traveller
coby
thegreatblue
The Opposition
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Civility_C
Iron Brigade General
General Stuart
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

should Saddam have been executed?
Yes
SADDAM IS DEAD Vote_lcap92%SADDAM IS DEAD Vote_rcap
 92% [ 11 ]
No
SADDAM IS DEAD Vote_lcap8%SADDAM IS DEAD Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 10:57 am

Saw it on the news last night, Saddam is dead, executed by hanging, so I thought I'd make a topic on it. We might as well also make this the Iraq War topic, so please leave your take on events of the last few years leading up to this.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 11:29 am

Saddam in my opinion didn't think himself evil. I think he was just trying to led his country in a way he thought was right. I'm not supporting him by any means. I just mean that he thought he was good. No one believes themselfs evil.
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 11:43 am

Ah, so he thought he was right. Thanks for revealing that bit of info, IBG. That certainly explains the gassing and machine gunning of entire populations, the millions in unmarked graves, and the genocide of religious sects who opposed him. I'm sure glad we have people like IBG to shed so much light on these things for us. Wink
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2006-10-05

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 6:18 pm

Um.. Well, I kinda think we should leave out modern politics. Things liek this can lead to HUGE problems with spamming and stuff....
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 8:51 pm

Don't be a wimp Civ. Very Happy jk. I think we can handle a little bit of controversy. And about spamming, I'd hoped we didn't have that sort of scum on this forum...
Back to top Go down
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
DCCCfC aka General Lee

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2006-10-10

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Dec 30, 2006 8:56 pm

According to the laws of the Bible he got what he deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/cgeneralsleea
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySun Dec 31, 2006 11:34 am

I liked how quickly the Iraq justice system acted. I mean, we turn Saddam over to Iraqi custody, and within 24 hours he's executed. We could learn a thing or two from them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySun Dec 31, 2006 2:34 pm

General Stuart wrote:
Don't be a wimp Civ. Very Happy jk. I think we can handle a little bit of controversy. And about spamming, I'd hoped we didn't have that sort of scum on this forum...

We don't now, but it doesn't mean people can't join and THEN spam.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySun Dec 31, 2006 3:15 pm

And that's why it's the job of the Elite Army of Moderators to weed out the bad guys, Civ. Wink
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyMon Jan 01, 2007 8:37 am

You've never been a Mod before have you?
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyMon Jan 01, 2007 10:14 am

Civility wrote:
You've never been a Mod before have you?
I dont think he has.
Back to top Go down
Civility_C
General-in-Chief
General-in-Chief
Civility_C

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyMon Jan 01, 2007 10:26 am

Didn't think so. I don't want another Pie case.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyMon Jan 01, 2007 10:32 am

Civility wrote:
Didn't think so. I don't want another Pie case.
I'm sure we all understand your concern civ.

afro
Back to top Go down
thegreatblue
Artillary
Artillary

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-17

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyTue Jan 02, 2007 11:58 am

Hey, I just got on. I didn't know Suddam was dead. That's great he's dead! Very Happy . Wow. Who belives he was evil? I certainly do.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyTue Jan 02, 2007 6:54 pm

There's no doubt he was evil, everyone is at his/her heart. He was just one of the poeple to follow his evil compulsions to an extreme.

afro
Back to top Go down
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
DCCCfC aka General Lee

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyWed Jan 03, 2007 7:12 am

The Opposition wrote:
There's no doubt he was evil, everyone is at his/her heart. He was just one of the poeple to follow his evil compulsions to an extreme.

afro
Hey Oppie! I agree with you! (for once) Wink jk
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyWed Jan 03, 2007 7:57 am

The only thing I find amazing is that instead of stopping the violence. It has esculated. Even those who supported him would have stopped fighting, or so everybody thought. The US ambassador was saying, 'wait until after this religious tradition of forgive and forget, then kill him.' ANd yet, they still did. That one reason the musulims are so mad over there, even we said wait and they didn't. Go figure. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2006-10-18

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyWed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 am

I'm glad he's dead, and I don't think it will ever stop, they are teaching there kidds to hate every body and that god wants them to kill anny body who isn't in there religion. I don't think god would say that he dosn't want peopel to kill each other.study
Back to top Go down
DCCCfC aka General Lee
Cavalry Trooper
Cavalry Trooper
DCCCfC aka General Lee

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyWed Jan 03, 2007 11:58 am

You used a double negative coby. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2006-10-18

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyWed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm

whups.bounce study
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyThu Jan 04, 2007 1:10 pm

There's a saying: Not every muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist is a muslim.

I don't care if the fighting in Iraq is with members of muslim militias, terrorist networks, religious fanatics, etc., they all have the same thing in common: they seek to destroy the Christian world. In their minds, this is just another religious war, a crusade. This is why the fighting will not stop, and the terrorists will never run out of individuals willing to blow themselves up. These people have been fighting since the beginning of time, if not with themselves, with their non-muslim neighbors. They won't stop now. Before the U.S. went into the Middle East, they were endlessly attacking the people of Isreal. IMHO, if there was one race of people I could have "removed" from this planet, I'd choose the Arab world. When these people only exist to obey their "god's" demands that they draw "infidel" blood, they aren't worth the powder it takes to blow them all to hell. Doesn't anyone remember the threats on the Pope's life a few months ago? The constant threats that "Christiandom will burn"? If these people were strong enough, they wouldn't hesitate to attempt world domination. But they aren't viewed in this light because, they aren't strong enough. If anyone thinks I'm a super-religious neo-conservative Christian-fanatic ultra-right winger, believe me I'm not, and I don't like to blindly attach myself to any faction or party.

But I know some of you think I'm generalizing too much when it comes to the muslims, and making a big-to-do out of nothing. So, allow me to quote this Associated Press article by Lee Keath that appeared in my newspaper on Tues. Sept. 19, 2006:

Al-Qaida issues warning to pope

Group in Iraq says it won't stop until Islam has conquered the world

Cairo, Egypt -- Al-Qaida in Iraq warned Pope Benedict XVI on Monday that its war against Christianity and the West will go on until Islam takes over the world, and Iran's supreme leader called for more protests over the pontiff's remarks on Islam.
Protests broke out in South Asia and Indonesia, with angry Muslims saying Benedict's statement of regret a day earlier did not go far enough. In southern Iraq, demonstrators carrying black flags burned an effigy of the pope.
Islamic leaders around the world issued more condemnations of the pope's comments, but some moderates in the Middle East appeared to be trying to put a damper on the outrage, fearing it could spiral into attacks on Christians.
On Sunday, Benedict said he was "deeply sorry" over any hurt caused by his comments made in a speech last week, in which he quoted a medieval text characterizing some of the Prophet Muhammad's teachings as "evil and inhuman" and calling Islam a religion spread by the sword.
Benedict said the remarks came from a text that didn't reflect his opinion, but he did not retract what he said or say he was sorry he uttered what proved to be explosive words.
The Vatican on Monday sought to defuse the anger, ordering papal representatives around the world to meet with leaders of Muslim countries to explain the pope's point of view and full context of his speech.
Roman Catholic leaders stepped forward to defend the pontiff. At an Italian bishops' conference, Cardinal Camillo Rusini underlined the bishops' "total closeness and solidarity to the pope" and said they deplored interpretations of the pope's comments "which attribute to the Holy Father ... errors that he has not committed and aim at attacking his person and his ministery."
Few in the Islamic world were satisfied by Benedict's statement of regret.
"The pope's words have caused a deep wound in the hearts of Muslims that won't heal for a long time, and then only after a clear apology to muslims," Egypt's religious affairs minister, Mahmoud Hamdi Zaqzouq, wrote in a column in the government daily al-Ahram.
Extremists said the pope's comments proved that the West was in a war against Islam.
Al-Qaida in Iraq and its allies said Muslims would be victorious and addressed the pope as "the worshipper of the cross," saying "you and the West are doomed as you can see from the defeat in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and elsewhere. ... We will break up the cross, spill the liquor and impose the 'jizya' tax, then the only thing acceptable is a conversion (to Islam) or (being killed by) the sword."
Islam forbids drinking alcohol and requires non-Muslims to pay the "juzya" tax, although those who convert are exempt. The tax, sometimes called a head tax, has not been imposed in Muslim nations in about 100 years, although Islamic militant groups have tried to force non-Muslims to pay it on a local level in some countries.
"You infidels and despots, we will continue our jihad (holy war) and never stop until God avails us to chop your necks and raise the fluttering banner of monotheism, when God's rule is established governing all people and nations," said the statement by the Mujahedeen Shura Council, an umbrella organization of Sunni Arab extremist groups in Iraq.

So, they're upset that the pope claims that their's is a religioun spread by the sword, and then they say they will keep fighting until God commands them to stop chopping our necks... They delcare their war against Christianity and the West will not stop until Islam rules the earth, but then they cry that the pope's words prove that the West is out to get them... Do you see my point? I saved this article after a friend of mine told me that "muslims are naturally peaceful, their religioun tells them not to kill." Rolling Eyes Right.

Oh yeah, and the picture accompanying the article is of an old muslim man in a turban holding a sign telling Christians to "GO TO HELL".
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyThu Jan 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Another of your famous long posts Stuart? Razz Hey, not to veer off subject at all but, this month's issue of America's Civil War has a very good Iron Brigade article. Also, it's got a article on the best CW online blogger. Back to subject.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptyThu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 pm

That was very off-topic IBG. Evil or Very Mad

lol. I don't get that magazine. I'm sure you'll love the Iron Brigade article. But the Texas Brigade still kicks IB butt. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Traveller
Artillary
Artillary
Traveller

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-12

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 12:29 pm

"eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth." if he killed others, he deserved to die.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Yes, indeed he did. By the way that saying originated from the bible, and has been remade by Jesus Christ(turn the other cheek, love your enemy, etc...). He certainly deserved to die, and justice was certainly served. Although I dont rejoice because he died, I rejoice that he wasnt allowed to continue what he has been doing for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SADDAM IS DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SADDAM IS DEAD   SADDAM IS DEAD Empty

Back to top Go down

SADDAM IS DEAD
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next