The American Civil War Rocks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Civil War Rocks!

Civil War Battles, People and Armies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Enraged Confederate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2006-10-03

The Enraged Confederate Empty
PostSubject: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 11:42 am

During the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg, this man and his company were shot while attack the Union lines. He went unconcious and remained such while he and his company were placed in an old barn, with the intentions of returning. The man was placed on bottom and about ten men were piled on top. He awoke to find these men on top and tried to get out. Only thing was was that he was paralyzed from the back down and unable to push the men off.
In terror he cried for help, but, no one heard him. For three days the battle roared outside, and no one remembered these men in the barn. On the fourth, the AONV pulled away, but, they forgot the men in that barn. Two days later, Union soldiers on burial detail came into the barn and found the bodies. As they were pulling body after decomposing body off, the man began to twitch and shake horribly.
In shock, the men pulled the rest of the bodies off and carried the man to a close by field hospital. The man was in shock and his mind had litterally been destroyed in the time he was under those rotting corpses. He died days later.
When the northern carpenters were making coffins, they discovered that they did not have the ability to make all those coffins. So, the army was left with choosing who got coffins. The man who had lain under all those bodies was given a coffin and was given a proper burial, prayer and all by the union troops, who felt that he most of all should get it, since he had been left to such a terrible fate.
But, the soldier, angry at the way he died, at the desertion of his friends, and at the shock of being buried by yankees, he haunted the place. One night a fire burned down the barn, but, the reason is still a mystery. A new spacious house was built, and the basement with the boiler was down where the soilder had been laid. He caused so much terror that owner after owner fled the house.
Then, several years ago, an elderly man and his wife moved into the house. One night, there was such a loud explosion that they thought the boiler had blown. When they tried to turn the lights on, they had been cut off. They went down stairs with lights, and discovered the radiator fine and the lights came back on.
At once they called a Catholic Priest who came and said that the ghost was unhappy and tormented. He went into the room where the ghost was in an performed an exorcism. The presnce was so strong that the priest lost alot of physical and mental strength before the house was cleansed and the man finally was able to rest in peace.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://americancivilwarrock.editboard.com
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

Number of posts : 1542
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 9:15 am

thats s good story, thats horibel what happend to that soldier.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

Number of posts : 1465
Registration date : 2006-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 4:50 pm

gosh, tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 4:51 pm

I find it very horrible that anyone could end up like that. It would be my worst nightmare come true. Just luike my nightmares where I can't move, and I can't even stand.
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 4:56 pm

ya, it would be torture to not be able to move, but with a stack of bodies on top of you? pure hell
Back to top Go down
debski
Aministrator's Mommy
Aministrator's Mommy

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:19 am

I can't even imagine the horror that man went through, I'd be a bit angry if I were him. I might have gone on a rampage of scaring people too., just to show them what it was like.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:51 pm

It's horrible what fear and torment can do to a person. Abolutely horrible.
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyThu Nov 09, 2006 9:24 am

ya it is, I woulb be freaking out if I had a stack of bodys on me specialy scense I'm claustrafobic.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyThu Nov 09, 2006 9:33 am

I'm sure you would get over it very quickly.
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyThu Nov 09, 2006 9:35 am

I don't know, I freake out when I can't move. But after a while a probably would get over it.
Back to top Go down
The Opposition
Army Commander
Army Commander
The Opposition

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyMon Nov 20, 2006 11:54 pm

That's me too. If you have me in a posistion where I cant move, you can basically get me to do anything you want me too.afro affraid
Back to top Go down
coby
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
coby

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 10:11 am

I'm the other way aroynd I'll keep fighting untill I'm out of that position or something happens to me. ( I've got that fighting spirate.) pirat
Back to top Go down
General Stuart
Iron Brigade
Iron Brigade
General Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Ever been rolled up tight in a blanket? pale It's the worst torture ever if you're at all claustrophobic that way.
Back to top Go down
Iron Brigade General
President
President
Iron Brigade General

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate EmptyWed Dec 13, 2006 8:46 am

Or, been under a pile of nine guys? How are you going to escape if your paralized?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Enraged Confederate   The Enraged Confederate Empty

Back to top Go down

The Enraged Confederate
Page 1 of 1